Personal Economic Resources
Due to unpaid leave from work, lost jobs and the stock market roller coaster ride, it may take time for our wallets to recover from COVID-19 as well. Below, Shasta County pulls together financial resources and will continue to provide updates as new programs and policies are announced. For mental wellness and emotional support, visit Taking Care of Yourself.
- 10 most common COVID-19 frauds and scams, Shasta County District Attorney's Office
- Price Gouging, En espanol, Russian, Legal Services of Northern California
- California Eviction Protections, En espanol, Russian, Cantonese, (updated 4/6/2020), Legal Services of Northern California
- Economic resources are available to help Californians during the COVID-19 outbreak, California Department of Public Health
- Economic Stimulus Payment information, Internal Revenue Service
- Housing is Key Campaign, AB 3088
- Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Unemployment and Family Leave Claims, Employee Development Department
- Resources for college students to continue education , California Dept. of Social Services
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program, which provides direct relief to producers who faced price declines and additional marketing costs due to COVID-19, U.S. Department of Agriculture
Business Economic Resources
Federal, state and local assistance programs are available to small business owners, employers and employees. This is just the start to helping our community recover from economic and emotional impacts associated with the pandemic. For resources on personal finances, visit Personal Economic Recovery.