COVID-19 DAILY UPDATE: November 12, 2021
Statistics from November 10 and 11, 2021
New cases: 167
By age group (11/10 and 11/11/2021):
Children 0-12: 18
Children 13-19: 20
Adults 20-29: 21
Adults 30-39: 30
Adults 40-49: 14
Adults 50-59: 18
Adults 60-69: 23
Adults 70-79: 8
Adults 80-89: 8
Adults 90+: 5
Active cases: 334
People in ICU: 9
Deaths reported: 4
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
• We are sorry to report four deaths today. They were a man in his 40s, a man in his 50s, a man in his 60s and a woman in her 80s.
• The vaccine for ages 5-11 is different than for children 12 and older. It’s a different dosage with a different buffer. The vaccine dosage is not dependent on a child’s size or weight. As opposed to medications, vaccine dosages are based on the maturity of the immune system. The dosage should be based on the child’s age on the day of vaccination.
• We vaccinate for diseases that have far fewer deaths and hospitalizations than COVID-19. For example, Hepatitis A had an annual average of 3 deaths before vaccines, compared with COVID-19, which has an annual average of 66 deaths before vaccines (image source: Centers for Disease Control).
• If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
• If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
• If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.