Statistics from March 30 – April 5, 2022
New cases: 30
By age group:
Children 0-12: 2
Children 13-19: 2
Adults 20-29: 3
Adults 30-39: 3
Adults 40-49: 3
Adults 50-59: 5
Adults 60-69: 5
Adults 70-79: 4
Adults 80-89: 0
Adults 90+: 0
• Active cases: 23
• Hospitalized: 6
• People in ICU: 2
• Deaths reported: 4
WEEKLY UPDATE (3/30 – 4/5):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 30
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 16.7 per 100,000 (10–49.99 is moderate)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 0.4%
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 6.29
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 4
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- We are sorry to report 4 deaths were confirmed this week. They were a woman in her 70s, a man in his 80s and 2 women in their 80s. Please note, this week is when these deaths were confirmed, and may be days or weeks after the people died.
- A second booster is now available and recommended by the CDC for those 50 and older who received an initial booster dose at least 4 months ago of any COVID-19 vaccine, and any adult (18+) who initially had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It is also recommended for certain immunocompromised individuals (see guidelines). Some local pharmacies are offering the second booster shot; call to confirm. Also, Shasta County Public Health is giving the COVID-19 second booster to eligible people every Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from 1 to 4 p.m. To make an appointment, call 530-225-5591. The address is 2650 Breslauer Way, Redding. Once the state is ready, the second booster appointments will become available at MyTurn.CA.gov.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.