Statistics from Aug. 9 to 15, 2022
New cases: 206
By age group:
Children 0-12: 11
Children 13-19: 3
Adults 20-29: 33
Adults 30-39: 35
Adults 40-49: 24
Adults 50-59: 26
Adults 60-69: 25
Adults 70-79: 25
Adults 80-89: 13
Adults 90+: 6
• Active cases: 178
• Hospitalized Monday: 20
• People in ICU Monday: 1
• Deaths reported: 1
WEEKLY UPDATE (8/9/2022 – 8/15/2022):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 206
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 114.4 per 100,000 (>100 is High)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 5.0% (5% - 8% is moderate)
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 24.29
- 7-Day Average ICU Beds: 1.14
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 1
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- We are sorry to report one death this week. It is of a man aged 89 or older. Please note, this week is when this death was confirmed and may be days or weeks after the person died.
- Five is a number to remember. People who test positive for COVID-19 should stay home and isolate away from others for at least five days after testing positive. If you do not have symptoms five days after your positive test, you can leave isolation, but should continue to wear a well-fitting mask around others for an additional five days. If you still have symptoms after isolating for five days, you should stay home until symptoms resolve.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: You can get tested and treated for COVID-19 with one stop. The state’s Test to Treat site at 2420 Breslauer Way provides testing, and if the person is positive and treatments are appropriate, they receive a prescription from a health care provider and have the prescription filled all at one location. Schedule an appointment online. The site is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.