Statistics from April 27 – May 3, 2022
New cases: 65
By age group:
Children 0-12: 7
Children 13-19: 3
Adults 20-29: 7
Adults 30-39: 14
Adults 40-49: 8
Adults 50-59: 7
Adults 60-69: 6
Adults 70-79: 7
Adults 80-89: 5
Adults 90+: 0
• Active cases: 61
• Hospitalized: 7
• People in ICU: 1
• Deaths reported: 15
WEEKLY UPDATE (4/27/22 – 5/3/22):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 65
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 36.1 per 100,000 (10–49.99 is moderate)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 1.2%
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 5.86
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 15
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org
- We are sorry to report that 15 deaths were confirmed this week. They were a man in his 50s, two men in their 60s, a woman in her 60s, two men in their 70s, a woman in her 70s, five men in their 80s and three women in their 80s. Please note, this week is when these deaths were confirmed and may be days or weeks after the people died.
- The California Department of Public Health recently unveiled new Spanish and English WhatsApp chatbot tools to offer reliable information about COVID-19 to Californians, especially those in the Latino community. Thanks to a partnership with Meta, California is the first state in the country to launch a tool of this kind. When using this service, Spanish and English speakers receive up-to-date information about the safety of vaccines, how to book vaccination appointments, how to obtain digital records of vaccinations and more. The chatbot is free to all and can be accessed by texting “hola” to (833) 422-1090.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.