Statistics from July 12 - 18, 2022
New cases: 369
By age group:
Children 0-12: 14
Children 13-19: 11
Adults 20-29: 62
Adults 30-39: 71
Adults 40-49: 50
Adults 50-59: 45
Adults 60-69: 59
Adults 70-79: 23
Adults 80-89: 24
Adults 90+: 2
• Active cases: 294
• Hospitalized: 43
• People in ICU: 4
• Deaths reported: 2
WEEKLY UPDATE (7/12/2022 – 7/18/2022):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 369
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 204.9 per 100,000 (> 100 is High)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 8.2% (8% - 10% is substantial)
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 37.14
- 7-Day Average ICU Beds: 5.57
Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 2
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- We are sorry to report two deaths this week. They were a man in his 70s and a woman in her 80s. Please note, this week is when these deaths were confirmed and may be days or weeks after the people died.
- Heading to or from a trip? COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to rise, so please use prevention strategies, like getting vaccinated and boosted when eligible, getting tested, staying home if sick and wearing a well-fitting mask with good filtration to help protect yourself and others while traveling.
Masks are strongly recommended at all times on public transportation (including airports, planes, trains, buses, stations, etc.) into, within, or out of the U.S. For the latest travel guidelines, visit the CDC travel page.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: You can get tested and treated for COVID-19 with one stop. The state’s Test to Treat site at 2420 Breslauer Way provides testing, and if the person is positive and treatments are appropriate, they receive a prescription from a health care provider and have the prescription filled all at one location. Schedule an appointment online. The site is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.