Statistics from June 14 - 20, 2022
New cases: 222
By age group:
Children 0-12: 8
Children 13-19: 4
Adults 20-29: 29
Adults 30-39: 46
Adults 40-49: 27
Adults 50-59: 31
Adults 60-69: 30
Adults 70-79: 21
Adults 80-89: 14
Adults 90+: 4
• Active cases: 190
• Hospitalized: 10
• People in ICU: 1
• Deaths reported: 0
WEEKLY UPDATE (6/14/2022 – 6/20/2022):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 222
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 123.3 per 100,000 (> 100 is High)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 4.5% (< 5% is low)
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 9.43
- 7-Day Average ICU Beds: 1.0
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 0
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends that children ages 6 months and older get a Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. The June 18 decision was made after analyzing substantial data from clinical trials involving thousands of children, confirming the vaccines’ safety and effectiveness for this age group. As these pediatric vaccines become available in Shasta County, the “Boosters and Vaccinations” page at ShastaReady.org will be updated with directions on how to schedule an appointment.
- COVID-19 has become one of the top 10 causes of pediatric death, and tens of thousands of children and teens have been hospitalized because of the virus. While children and adolescents are typically at lower risk than adults of becoming severely ill or hospitalized from COVID-19, the effects of the virus are unpredictable. Please continue to take precautions to protect your children from COVID-19.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.