Statistics from December 30, 2021 - January 2, 2022
New cases: 149
By age group:
Children 0-12: 5
Children 13-19: 5
Adults 20-29: 31
Adults 30-39: 26
Adults 40-49: 24
Adults 50-59: 26
Adults 60-69: 16
Adults 70-79: 12
Adults 80-89: 2
Adults 90+: 0
• Active cases: 267
• Hospitalized: 43
• People in ICU: 13
• Deaths reported: 0
WEEKLY UPDATE (12/27/2021 – 1/02/2022):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 261
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 173.8 per 100,000 (>100 is high)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 5.0%
- 7-Day Avg Hospitalized: 40.28
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 10
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
Due to an increase in cases, we will continue releasing COVID-19 Daily Updates.
Got a COVID-19 question? Ask the Experts!
Shasta County residents, here’s your chance to “Ask the Experts” in your community about the coronavirus. What do you want to understand better about COVID-19? What question do you want a doctor to answer? Send us your questions, and we’ll pose them to our panel of local medical professionals. We’ll compile the questions and answers and release a video in late January.
Here’s how to get your question posed to our panel:
- Make sure your question can be clearly spoken, out loud, in less than 15 seconds.
- A tough question is fine. Keep it courteous.
- Email your question to CR@co.shasta.ca.us by Jan. 7 and use the subject line: Ask the Experts.
Or, call 530-245-7383 and clearly ask your question over voicemail.
That’s it! We don’t need your name. We will not identify you. We will not share your email or phone number.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.