Statistics from January 14-17, 2022
New cases: 560*
By age group:
Children 0-12: 60
Children 13-19: 77
Adults 20-29: 102
Adults 30-39: 107
Adults 40-49: 74
Adults 50-59: 58
Adults 60-69: 38
Adults 70-79: 24
Adults 80-89: 9
Adults 90+: 2
• Active cases: 1,205
• Hospitalized: 69
• People in ICU: 14
• Deaths reported: 2
*The number of new cases shown is incomplete for various reasons. For example, many at-home tests are not reported, and not all people who are close contacts of positive cases get tested.
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- We are sorry to report two deaths today. They were a man in his 70s and a man in his 80s. Please note, today is when these deaths were confirmed and may be days or weeks after the people died.
- Shasta County region is experiencing a high number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19. This number only includes people in the hospital sick with COVID-19. You can help our hospitals serve all patients by only going to the ER when there is a medical emergency. Do not go to the ER for a COVID-19 test. Call your medical provider or schedule a test through the ShastaReady.org on the Get Tested page.
- Did you use a COVID-19 home-test kit? Here’s what to do with your results:
- If you get a positive result on an at-home test, please stay home from work or school and contact your healthcare provider, as there are treatments that you may be eligible to receive. Follow these Quarantine and Isolation Instructions.
- If the test results are not clear, you can find a local testing site (scroll down on this page).
- If your test is negative and you feel well, you can return to work or school. If you test negative but have symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, stay home and follow the Quarantine and Isolation Instructions on ShastaReady.org.
- You can report your results at https://my.primary.health/l/cdphcbootc or by calling (650) 275-5419. Please do not call Shasta County Public Health with at-home test results.
To download an At-home COVID-19 Testing flyer, visit the Get Tested page at ShastaReady.org.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the Quarantine and Isolation Instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.