Statistics from May 10 – 16, 2022
New cases: 131
By age group:
Children 0-12: 7
Children 13-19: 5
Adults 20-29: 20
Adults 30-39: 11
Adults 40-49: 17
Adults 50-59: 15
Adults 60-69: 21
Adults 70-79: 15
Adults 80-89: 10
Adults 90+: 8
Unknown age: 2
• Active cases: 112
• Hospitalized: 7
• People in ICU: 1
• Deaths reported: 5
WEEKLY UPDATE (5/10 – 5/16):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 131
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 72.7 per 100,000 (10–49.99 is moderate; 50-100 is substantial)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 2.2% (< 5% is low)
- 7-Day Average Hospitalized: 7.0
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 5
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- We are sorry to report that five deaths were confirmed this week. They were a man in his 60s, two men in their 70s, a man in his 80s and a woman over age 89. Please note, this week is when these deaths were confirmed and may be days or weeks after the people died.
- Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests. People are encouraged to order now so you have them on hand when you need them. Tests are free and usually ship within 7-12 days of ordering. Tests are provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. Postal Service. Call (800) 232- 0233 or visit www.covidtests.gov to order.
- The Shasta County Citizens Advocating Respect, Sikh Centre and California Department of Public Health will host a free COVID-19 vaccine and booster clinic from 12 to 6 p.m. Friday, May 20, at Faith Lutheran Church, 1590 Spruce St., Anderson. Free food & gift cards will be offered for vaccine recipients. All vaccine brands are available. Language services will be available in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Spanish, Mien and Hmong. Youth ages 5 to 17 must have a parent or guardian present. For more information, call (530) 440-2626, (628) 502-6203 or (530) 339-0530.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.