Statistics from May 17 – 23, 2022
New cases: 175
By age group:
Children 0-12: 9
Children 13-19: 10
Adults 20-29: 19
Adults 30-39: 33
Adults 40-49: 25
Adults 50-59: 28
Adults 60-69: 27
Adults 70-79: 16
Adults 80-89: 4
Adults 90+: 3
• Active cases: 167
• Hospitalized: 7
• People in ICU: 3
• Deaths reported: 0
WEEKLY UPDATE (05/17/2022 – 05/23/2022):
- 7-Day Case Numbers (by receive date): 175
- 7-Day CDC Transmission Case Rate (by receive date): 97.2 per 100,000 (50 - 100 is substantial)
- 7-Day Test Positivity (by lab collect date): 3.0% (< 5% is low)
- 7-Day Avg Hospitalized: 7.57
- 7-Day Avg ICU Beds: 1.86
- Deaths Reported in Last 7 Days: 0
For more information, visit the Data and Statistics page at ShastaReady.org.
- Shasta County’s 7-Day transmission case rate has more than doubled in just two weeks. With COVID-19 cases on the rise locally and nationwide, masks are strongly recommended in crowded indoor public spaces to protect you and others against COVID-19.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Due to the compounding physical and emotional challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic over the past two years, the topic of mental health has never been more timely or critical. To promote and strengthen the emotional well-being and resiliency of populations adversely affected by COVID-19-related stress, grief, and loss, visit the How Right Now Campaign by the CDC Foundation.
- School is out and travel plans are in! How can you help slow the spread of COVID-19 as you wander?
- Make sure you have been vaccinated with your COVID-19 primary series and boosters (when eligible) before travel.
- It is recommended to get tested both before and after your trip.
- Do not travel if you have COVID-19 symptoms, tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test, or had close contact with a person with COVID-19 and are recommended to quarantine.
- Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is strongly recommended in airports, airplanes, and other transportation hubs. Wearing the right type of mask is also important.
If you’ve been exposed: Follow the isolation/quarantine instructions until you can be tested and receive test results.
If you need to be tested: Find options on the Get Tested page. Please note: Appointments are required at most places due to high demand.
If you need a vaccine: Find options at ShastaReady.org.