Marriage Certificates

*Effective January 1, 2022 the fee for a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate will increase to $17*

There are three ways to obtain a marriage certificate:

Come to our office in person. Click here before your visit.

Mail in a request**: Obtain the Fillable/Printable Marriage Certificate Application
Please allow 1-3 working days, after receipt, to process your request.

Pay with credit or debit (when not coming in)**: (additional fee applies)  Please allow 1-3 working days, after receipt, to process your request.

**Requires notarized sworn statement.

IN THE OFFICE we accept cash, check, and credit/debit (additional fee applies).  Please do NOT send cash in the mail. 

Mailing address:

Shasta County Recorder's Office
1450 Court Street, Suite 208
Redding, CA 96001- 1670

To obtain a certified copy of a marriage certificate you must be an authorized applicant pursuant to Health and Safety Code §103526.

In order to qualify for an Authorized certified copy, you must be:

  • The registrant (person listed on the certificate) or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant (legal guardians should provide documentation).
  • A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order (please include a copy of the court order).
  • A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business. (Companies representing a government agency must provide authorization from the government agency.)
  • A child, grandparent, grandchild, brother or sister, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant.
  • An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant’s estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrant’s estate. (If you are requesting a Certified Copy under a power of attorney, please include a copy of the power of attorney with this application form.)

Any relationship different than those mentioned above would be entitled to a certified Informational copy only.

The following information will be needed to locate the record:

  • Date of marriage
  • Name of Party A and Party B
  • Any names used prior to wedding
  • Was license obtained in Shasta County? (If ceremony was performed in a different county than where license was issued, certificate must be purchased in issuing county)
  • The address where the copy is to be mailed, if applicable

Per Health & Safety Code 103650 - The fee for any search of the files and records performed by the custodian of the records for a specific record when no certified copy is made shall be paid in advance by the applicant. The fee shall be the same as the fee required in Section 103625.