Although you are not eligible to receive a Certificate of Rehabilitation (COR), you may, upon a showing of extraordinary circumstances, apply for a pardon if you were convicted of one or more of these Penal Code offenses:

  1. Section 286, subdivision (c) [forcible sodomy];
  2. Section 288 [lewd act with a minor under 14 years];
  3. Section 288.5 [continuous sexual abuse of a minor under 14 years];
  4. Section 288a, subdivision (c) [forcible oral copulation]; or
  5. Section 289(j) [forcible sexual penetration].

Source: Office of the Governor, Legal Affairs Secretary, California; Penal Code