Housing and Community Action Programs

Contact Information

1450 Court St., Suite 108
Redding, CA 96001-1661

Phone: (530) 225-5160
Fax: (530) 225-5178
Hours: 8AM to 4PM Monday-Friday

Fair Housing

Equal Housing OpportunityThe County of Shasta, Shasta County Housing Authority, and Shasta County Community Action Agency promote fair housing and make all programs available to low and moderate income families regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, marital status, familiar status (children), or handicap.

The Shasta County Board of Supervisors proclaimed April 2018 as Fair Housing Month in Shasta County. Read the proclamation here.

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) administers and enforces federal laws and establishes policies that make sure all Americans have equal access to the housing of their choice. Get more information about FHEO here.

Your fair housing rights are protected under Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act). If those rights have been violated, you can file a housing discrimination complaint with HUD by telephone at 1-800-669-9777 or online.

If you believe you were discriminated against, harassed, or retaliated against because of one or more of the following protected classes: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin/ancestry, familial status (pregnancy or children in the household), source of income, and/or disability (including AIDS and HIV diagnosis), contact the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).

A complaint may be filed online at: www.dfeh.ca.gov

In writing
A written complaint may be mailed to:
California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100
Elk Grove, CA 95758

By phone
Call DFEH at (800) 884-1684. If you have a visual impairment, please call 800-884-1684 or TDD at (800) 700-2320.

The publication "A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords' Rights and Responsibilities" is available on the California Department of Consumer Affairs website.

Search Shasta County

Service Referral Guide

Food Facility Inspections

Inmate Custody Search