Housing Support Program

Housing Is Key
The Housing Support Program is for families with children who are homeless. Applicants should also be enrolled in (or eligible for) a CalWORKs program. Three full-time case managers work closely with approximately 35 landlords in Shasta County. They help clients with budgeting and other skills necessary to get and keep housing, so they can get and keep a job. To apply for CalWORKs benefits, click here to learn more or check with your CalWORKs case worker to get a referral.

For more information about the Housing Support Program, call Robin Bostain at 225-5043 or refer yourself by filling out and submitting this form.


This program:

  • Can fund 6-12 months of rent subsidy, rental deposit, utility deposit, credit check fees and application fees
  • Provides intensive case management for a period of up to 12 months, determined by level of need

SW helping homeless kid

For application assistance and general resource referral please contact our Community Health Advocates. They are located in five of the Health and Human Services Agency's regional office and work directly with vulnerable clients to reduce barriers to housing, health care, food, education and other personal needs. They can also be reached by phone at some of these offices.

Three Community Health Advocates speak Spanish and one speaks Mien, providing culturally appropriate services, translation and additional assistance related to cultural barriers. They refer directly to Health and Human Services Agency housing programs and work closely with eligibility workers and social workers to connect our community members to resources. They can be reached by calling (530) 225-5285 or emailing cha@co.shasta.ca.us.