How To File A Hearing

How to file a hearing:

  1. Send your request in writing to the County:
    Shasta County Health and Human Services Agency
    Attn: Administrative Hearings Division FH-501A
    P.O. Box 496005
    Redding, CA 96049-6005
  2. Call the State’s toll-free number:
    1-800-743-8525 (TDD: 1-800-952-8349 or TTY: 711)
  3. File online

Customers usually file a hearing using the back of a notice of action.

Note: County Staff cannot accept a verbal request for hearing. Only the State can take verbal requests for hearing.

Time limits on requesting a hearing:


The 90 days starts when the county/agency took the action you are disputing. This date will often be the date the county/agency mailed or gave a Notice of Action to you denying your application, stopping or reducing your benefits/services, or asking you to repay an overpayment.

The 90-day period does not stop for any reason. If you filed a formal complaint and/or discrimination complaint and are waiting to see what happens, please be aware that you cannot request a hearing after the 90-day period, even if your complaint is not resolved until after the 90 days is over.

The 90-day period is not the same as three months. The 90-day period is often shorter than three months.

If you need an interpreter at your hearing

If you have trouble understanding English, you can request to have an interpreter at your hearing. Ask for an interpreter when you call the State at 1-800-743-8525 (TDD: 1-800-952-8349 or TTY: 711) to request your hearing or when to fill out the back of a notice of action. 

Source: State Hearings Division Web Site
For more information about asking for a hearing and general information about hearings, go to the State Hearings Division Web Site.