Food, Financial Help and Housing

Living on a limited budget can sometimes mean juggling food, rent, utility and transportation expenses.  We have several programs to help families put food on the table and pay for basic living expenses during tough times. You can click on each link below if you would like more information on each program:

  • CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps)
  • CalWORKs 
  • General Assistance (GA)
  • Housing programs
  • Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

    If you would like to apply for benefits, you may:

      You may also speak to a worker during normal business hours by contacting the Customer Service Center. The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system is available 24/7 and allows you to access benefit information by calling 1-877-652-0731.

    Program informational packets are now available online and can be accessed here.

    Additional contact information:

    Customer Service Center for CalFresh, Medi-Cal and CalWORKs:
    Phone: 1-877-652-0731
    Mailing address: P.O. Box 496005, Redding, CA 96049-6005
    In person: HHSA offices

    For the General Assistance Program, please call 229-8150.

    If you suspect fraud against any public assistance program (CalFresh, CalWORKs, General Assistance, Medi-Cal/CMSP/Path2Health), please contact the Quality Support Unit or call 225-5374.

    For inquiries about benefit overpayment collections, please contact the Collections Department at (530) 225-5643.

    For general HHSA information, please contact us via email, or call 229-8400 or 1-800-479-8009. General HHSA information topics include: Emergency Preparedness; Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs; Children's Services; Disability Resources; Mental Health; and Public Health Services.