Resource Management

Contact Information

1855 Placer Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone: (530) 225-5789
within Shasta County:
   (800) 528-2850
Fax: (530) 225-5807

Office Hours
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday

Used Motor Oil and Filters

3,000 Miles May Be Too Early to Change Your Oil

This old standard no longer applies to most vehicles. Many vehicles, even older models, can be driven up to 5,000, 7,500, 10,000, and even 15,000 miles before needing an oil change. Changing your oil less often may save you time and money in service costs and will do our natural environment a big favor without hurting your vehicle or compromising auto performance in the least. Check your vehicle owner’s manual or visit Check Your Number to find out how often you need to change your motor oil.

Free Motor Oil and Filter Collection Kits  

Do you change your own motor oil? If so, come by the Shasta County Environmental Health Division office located upstairs at 1855 Placer Street in downtown Redding to pick up a collection kit that makes transporting your used oil and filters to the recycling center easy. You must be Shasta County resident.

Motor Oil and Filter Recycling Sites

You can take your used motor oil and filters to the following collection centers for recycling:





O’Reilly Auto Parts

2345 Balls Ferry Rd.


NAPA/Taylor Auto Parts

2500 Balls Ferry Rd.


Burney Transfer Station

21105 Black Ranch Rd.


Lakehead Transfer Station

Lakeshore Dr., N. of Antlers Rd.

Palo Cedro

Premier Oil Change

9402 Deschutes Rd.


Pick-n-Pull 19919 Viking Way


Redding Travel Center

19483 Knighton Rd.

Redding City of Redding HHWF  2255 Abernathy Ln.

Shasta Lake

Buckeye Transfer Station

Lake Blvd., 1/2 mile N. of Pine Grove

Shasta Lake

NAPA/J&S Auto Parts

4512 Shasta Dam Blvd.


Shingletown Transfer Station

Hwy 44 at Ritts Mill Rd.

Lake Shasta Marina

Holiday Harbor

20061 Shasta Caverns Rd.

NOTE: Call the City of Redding or visit their website for oil & filter recycling locations in Redding. 530/224-6201,

Search Shasta County

Service Referral Guide

Food Facility Inspections

Inmate Custody Search