Resource Management

Contact Information

1855 Placer Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone: (530) 225-5674
within Shasta County:
   (800) 528-2850
Fax: (530) 225-5237

Office Hours
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday through Friday

Burn Day Information

Last Updated: Friday, March 22, 2019

This page is updated daily at 9:15 AM for Shasta County Air Quality Management District.

Current burn day information for Shasta County can also be obtained by calling 530-224-8777 or 1-800-411-8728.



Today is a permissive-burn day for all types of burning in all areas of Shasta County. Help preserve future burn days by not burning wet piles and make sure burn piles are out cold by 5:00 p.m.  For residential burning within the city limits or fire districts of Redding, Shasta Lake, Fall River Mills, or Cottonwood, you must obtain a burn permit from your local fire department. You do not need a burn permit if you reside in the county or outside the areas previously mentioned and you are doing only residential burning. All burning must be conducted on a Permissive-Burn day.


Residential burning may include dry vegetation only. Businesses are not allowed to conduct any type of burning. It is illegal to burn stumps or material containing construction debris, lumber, petroleum products, plastics, and other similar smoke-producing materials. Burn piles must not contain excessive dirt. It is also illegal to use a burn barrel or burn paper and cardboard in all areas of Shasta County except for Big Bend, Castella, Old Station, Platina, Round Mountain, and Whiskeytown. Above 1,000 feet in elevation, the recommended burn hours are 10 a.m. to 12 midnight. Consult your local fire authority for specific burn hours. Below 1,000 feet in elevation, the burn hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Do not start or feed a fire after 3 p.m. All fires below 1,000 feet in elevation must be out by 5 p.m. unless otherwise authorized by the Air Quality Management District or Fire Protection Authorities.


Please notify the Shasta County Air Quality Management District on the day of the agricultural burn the number of acres or tons burned by calling 225-5674 or 800-528-2850.


If you are burning material that has been stacked by heavy equipment such as a bulldozer, loader, or excavator, you must obtain a burn permit from the Air Quality Management District which is located at 1855 Placer Street in Redding. All land-clearing projects must be inspected by an Air Pollution Inspector.

Search Shasta County

Service Referral Guide

Food Facility Inspections

Inmate Custody Search