Hazardous Waste Disposal

Hazardous Waste Disposal for Businesses

Businesses must follow specific guidelines to manage, store, treat, transport, and dispose/recycle paints and other hazardous wastes, and should contact the Shasta County Department of Resource Management Environmental Health, CUPA Program for more information on management of paints and other hazardous materials.

Businesses can take universal waste (fluorescent lights and household batteries) to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility. Universal waste is accepted from businesses for a fee, by appointment only. Call the City of Redding to make an appointment or for more information at (530) 224-6201.