Wells and Public Water Systems

Wells and Water Systems

A valid permit to drill, destroy, deepen, or recondition a water well is required in the County and the three cities. A permit from the EHD is required to operate a small public community water system, transient or non-transient noncommunity public water system, and state small public water system. Permits are obtained from the EHD after submission of a completed application, plot plan, and fees.