Child Support Services

Contact Information

Phone: (866) 901-3212
CA Disbursement: (866) 901-3212
Secure Case Self Service:

Office Hours
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Telephone Hours
8:00 am - 4:45 pm


I just received a Summons and Complaint; what does this mean?

State and Federal laws require us to legally establish paternity, child support and a Health Insurance Coverage Assignment for the child(ren) listed on the Complaint. You must respond within 30 days of service by contacting the DCSS office and reach an agreement by stipulation or file paperwork with the Shasta County Clerk’s office.  If you do not file paperwork or reach an agreement with the DCSS office within 30 days of service, a Default Judgment will be filed based upon the Proposed Judgment included in your Summons and Complaint packet.

I do not think I am the father of the child(ren) listed on the Complaint. What do I do?

If you do not believe you are the father of this child, you must contact the DCSS office within 30 days of service of the Summons and Complaint and request DNA testing, or file paperwork with the court.  DNA testing will be conducted if parentage has not already been established.

I disagree with the child support amount, or one of the terms, set in the Proposed Judgment. What do I do?

Contact the DCSS office within 30 days and provide copies of tax returns, pay stubs, or any other proof of income; visitation verification; and completed Income and Expense Declaration. The DCSS office will review the information you provide to determine guideline child support based on the information provided. If you are in agreement with the new figure, a stipulation can be signed. If you disagree with the amount of child support, you must file paperwork with the court.

Search Shasta County

Service Referral Guide

Food Facility Inspections

Inmate Custody Search