Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact the Deputy District Attorney who is handling my case?

The most effective form of communication with a deputy district attorney is a letter. To find out which deputy is handling the case you are interested in, call 245-6300 and identify the defendant name and/or case number. The individual taking your call should be able to provide the name of a deputy district attorney for you to contact. If your matter is pressing, again call 245-6300 and you will be connected with a deputy district attorney or you can leave a message. Attorneys are directed to return phone calls within 48 hours.

Do you have any tips for me so I can prepare for being a witness?

The section of this Web Site titled Overview of the Criminal Justice System contains information which can assist you in learning about the Criminal Justice System and contains some tips on testifying. The Deputy District Attorney handling your case is also a resource for you. The Crime Victims Assistance Center may also be of assistance and more information about this program is in the section titled Crime Victims Assistance Center.