Obtaining Restitution Through the Criminal Case:

Some victims suffer a financial loss as a result of a crime. The court can order the defendant to pay back financial losses, or restitution, at the time of sentencing. To request a restitution order, please contact the Crime Victims Assistance Center and speak with an Advocate. We will need receipts, estimates, invoices or other documentation for each loss amount claimed. If you have questions about how to document your loss, below you will find some helpful tools to assist you: 

CDCR Restitution Information

A Victims Restitution Guide Financial Recovery