Opening a Case

If you wish to open a case for establishment of parentage, establishment of child support, enforcement or modification of an existing court order, you will need to fill out some forms. These forms can now be filled out and submitted online using Turbo Court. 

There is no charge to use Turbo Court service to prepare your forms.  By using Turbo Court, you can submit completed forms electronically to the Shasta County Department of Child Support Services, SCDCSS. This is much easier than filling out a paper application.
Upon submission you will receive electronic confirmation based on your user preference (you will either get an email or you’ve told us that you will login often to see the status of your forms). When SCDCSS accepts your forms you must log into Turbo Court to get copies of your forms.
Use this easy FREE web-based service to: 1) open (or reopen) a child support case or 2) request a modification (if you already have a case open with SCDCSS).
If you are reopening a California child support case, and it has been less than one year since it was closed, you have the option to fill out the simplified on-line application.

Click on the Turbo Court link on the left, or click here to go to Turbo Court now.

If you do not have a computer, you can access Turbo Court from computers available at the Redding Public Library or by using the computer available in the customer lobby of our local office.

You can also obtain the necessary forms by stopping by the local office located at 2600 Park Marina Drive, Redding, CA 96001.  After completing the forms, bring them into the local office along with any supporting documents you may have (see below) to review them with a Child Support Specialist. To help speed up the processing of your case, please try to provide our office with as much information as possible. If you are receiving CalWORKs or Medi-Cal benefits, the Department of Child Support Services handles your case differently. For more information, please visit the California Child Support Services website,

If you are unable to stop by the office or you do not have internet access you may contact us at (866) 901-3212 to receive the necessary forms by mail.


  • Verification and receipts of your child care expenditures
  • Parentage declaration (if this form was signed by the father at the time of birth)
  • Your last three paycheck stubs
  • A copy of last year's tax returns, State and Federal
  • Any existing or previous child support orders, and any subsequent modifications (if applicable)
  • A completed Declaration of Support Payment History, and any documentation about any outstanding balance

Information About You

  • Your full legal name, address and phone number
  • Any aliases or other names you may have used
  • Your birth date and Social Security Number
  • Name, address, and phone number of your most recent employer
  • Your marriage license or certificate, if you have one with the other parent
  • Your divorce decree, if you have one with the other parent

Information About the Other Parent

  • Their full legal name, current address and phone number
  • Name, address and phone number of their current, or last known employer
  • Any aliases or other names they might have used, or are using
  • Their birth date and Social Security Number (This may be found on old paycheck stubs or tax returns)
  • Names of friends they might associate with or organizations to which they might belong
  • Information about their assets and other income (pay slips, tax returns, bank accounts, cars, boats, RVs, investments, or property holdings)
  • A current physical description and/or photograph of the other parent