Out of State Cases

If the noncustodial parent lives in another state or country, the Child Support Agency will attempt at first to enforce your case locally. If we do not have jurisdiction over the noncustodial parent, we will send a request to the state in which he or she lives to establish and/or enforce an order for support. If the case is accepted, establishment of an order for child support and enforcement of the order is based on the laws of that state.