Opening a Case

A child support case may be opened by either parent, legal guardian, or caretaker of a child or children under 18 years of age. The Department of Child Support Services provides neutral assistance to help all parties navigate child support and court processes. There are no income or other eligibility requirements for services. Please visit for further information.

You can apply online through Turbo Court ( or obtain an application by contacting us by phone at 1 (866) 901-3212 to receive the application by mail. You may also obtain an application by visiting the Local Child Support Agency located at 2600 Park Marina Drive, Redding, CA 96001.