What is the Housing Rehabilitation Program?
Shasta County Housing and Community Action Programs offers a low-interest loan program for the repair of your home. The program is available in the unincorporated area of Shasta County. Loan amounts range from $5,000.00 to $52,000.00.
What repair items are eligible?
Here are some examples of work that is typically eligible under the program:
- Roofs and Gutters
- Water Heater
- Wheelchair Ramps and Grab Bars
- Central Heat and Air
- Electrical and Plumbing Work
Who is eligible?
The program is available to low-income owner-occupied households.
Initial eligibility is based on homeownership, income for household
size, and the location of the home. Gross household income must be
below the following limits:
|Household Size ||Annual Income ||Monthly Income |
|1 ||$32,100 ||$2,675 |
|2 ||$36,700 ||$3,058 |
|3 ||$41,300 ||$3,442 |
|4 ||$45,850 ||$3,821 |
|5 ||$49,550 ||$4,129 |
|6 ||$53,200 ||$4,433 |
|7 ||$56,900 ||$4,742 |
|8 ||$60,550 ||$5,046 |
How does it work?
- Contact the Department of Housing and Community Action Programs to determine if you meet the qualifications for a housing rehabilitation loan.
- After you have been determined eligible, your home will be inspected to determine the repairs to be done.
- A bid tour with licensed general contractor will take place, a contractor’s bid is selected and the loan will go to loan committee for loan approval.
- Once loan approval is obtained, loan documents and a construction contract is signed at a preconstruction conference. Repair work may begin at that time.