City of Redding and Shasta County Homeless Continuum of Care Council is
a regional-based organization comprised of service providers,
developers, governmental entities and leaders, faith-based
organizations and community members dedicated to end homelessness.
As an action-oriented collaborative, our mission is to restore lives
and eliminate homelessness to improve our community. Our goal is to
offer a helping hand to those in need of shelter to enable them regain
housing stability and quality of life. The comprehensive programs and
activities promoted by the Continuum are sponsored by an effective team
of advocates, caring residents, dedicated providers, and other
community members interested in ending the tragedy of homelessness.
- The value and dignity of human life;
- The central importance of the family and community well-being;
- A special emphasis on the poor, the homeless, the aged and the distressed;
- A belief in the power of one, but more importantly, the power of many working together;
- A belief that programs benefit people only when they contribute to the individual’s freedom and independence.
How Can You Help?
We can all pitch in to help end homelessness no matter how big or small the contribution. Click here to see how you, as a community member, can help.