WIC, the Women, Infants and Children program is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, mothers with infants, and young children eat well, be active and stay healthy.
WIC improves the health of its participants and promotes lifestyle changes. WIC participants have healthier pregnancies and fewer
Give us a call to see if you qualify. Call (530) 225 -5168.
WIC Offers Families:
- Checks to buy healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, juice, eggs, cheese, cereal, dry beans and peas, peanut butter and infant fruits and vegetables.
- Nutrition and health education to help you and your family eat well and be active.
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby.
- Help in finding health care and community referrals.
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women up to one year, up to six months if not breastfeeding.
- Parents, including single fathers, can receive benefits for infants and children under five years old
- All foster children under five years old
To get WIC in Shasta County you need to:
- Meet the WIC income guidelines
- Have a nutritional need
- Live in Shasta County
WIC Income Guidelines and WIC Eligibility Assessment
Pregnant women are counted as two people.
Some people will qualify who don't meet income requirements.