Apply for Medi-Cal by mail:
Below you will find the instructions and forms to start the Medi-cal process. If you are in need of Cash Aid or Food Stamps you must apply in-person.
If your Cash Aid or Food Stamps have been denied, your application for medical services can be processed by mail, phone, or face to face interview. You may receive help with completing this application, or with an emergency need for medical benefits by telephone. Please call 1-877-652-0731.
Carefully review all information and complete all forms on this page. Please follow these steps when completing the medical services application process:
- Read the instructions for each form carefully. Use ink to complete each form.
- Answer all questions. Do not leave any blank spaces on the forms. Put "N/A" if the question does not apply to you.
- Sign and date each form. Attach verification of all information. ** See below.
- Mail the completed forms and copies of verifications to PO Box 496005, Redding CA 96049-6005, or bring to 2460 Breslauer Way, Redding, CA.
** PROOF/VERIFICATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION. Please send photocopies.
The County will not be responsible for original documents. Proof may be in the form of pay stubs, payroll printouts, income statements, all pages for income tax returns, monthly bank statement, receipts, policies, contracts, court orders, registrations, property tax statements, etc. The verification/proof we require includes, but is not limited to, the most recent copies of:
- Alien Registration card or naturalization papers.
- Social Security number, card or proof of application, Medicare card.
- Identification, such as driver’s license.
- Last bank statement for checking/savings account (not ATM receipt).
- Child support court orders.
- Insurance policies (Life, burial, health, fire), papers on burial fund or trust.
- Last property tax statement on home or other property, with verification of amount owed.
- Escrow statement/papers on any property transferred in the last 2 years.
- Stocks and bonds.
- Registration on all cars, trucks, motorcycles, mobile homes, trailers and amount owed.
- Proof of income, such as current pay stubs, Social Security award letter, unemployment pay stubs or award letter.
- Medical proof of your inability to work (doctor’s statement).
- Proof of tuition, scholarships, grants, student loans with amounts.
- Proof of pregnancy.
YOU MUST REPORT ALL PROPERTY AND INCOME, EVEN IF YOU THINK IT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO YOU.
Return the completed application(s) and requested verifications within the month service is required . Be aware the date of possible eligibility is determined by the date that the office receives it.
If you have any questions, please call the Customer Service Center at 1-877-652-0731.
These forms must be completed and mailed to the above address:
These documents are Information you must read about the Program(s)