What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal (called Medicaid in other states) provides quality health care coverage to qualifying residents of California with income and resources below established limits.
Who can get Medi-Cal?
- Children under the age of 21
- Low-income families with children when at least one parent is either:
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Individuals over the age of 65
- Persons who are blind or disabled
- Persons receiving nursing home care
- Pregnant women
- Childless adults adults aged 21-64 with low incomes
What services does Medi-Cal cover?
- Medical and dental services
- Pharmacy and vision services
- Long Term Care
- Help with Medicare costs
- A detailed list of covered services can be found here.
How to apply for Medi-Cal?
Shasta County residents can apply for healthcare benefits:
Call 1-877-652-0731 to request a mail-in Medi-Cal application
be sent to you
Print an application online here and mail or return it to:
Eligibility and Employment Services, Cascade
2460 Breslauer Way
P.O. Box 496005
Redding, CA 96049-6005
Where can I find more information about Medi-Cal?
Learn more about Medi-Cal by downloading our brochure or visiting the Department of Health Care Services website. Families or individuals who may not qualify for Medi-Cal, can now access quality, affordable insurance through Covered California. Learn more at www.coveredshasta.com.