Covered California open enrollment run Nov. 15 - Feb. 15. Medi-Cal enrollment continues year-round
Need help applying? Call Shasta County's Customer Service Center at 1-877-652-0731, find a local insurance agent, find a certified enrollment counselor, or enroll online at Covered CA.com
Key features of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) include:
- Expanded Medi-Cal: Partnership Health Plan of California now covers adults without children with incomes up to 138% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL)
- Health Insurance Marketplace: Establishes on online exchange where individuals and families with incomes up to 400% of FPL can purchase private health insurance.
- Income tax credits, subsidies and cost-savings strategies are available to reduce premiums and out-of-pocket health costs.
Protection and Prevention
- Pre-existing Conditions: Insurance companies can no longer deny coverage to anyone with a pre-existing condition and a medical exam is no longer required to qualify for coverage.
- Lifetime Limits: Insurers are not allowed to set a maximum dollar amount they will pay for key health benefits.
- Young Adult Coverage: Dependent adults up to age 26 will be allowed to stay on their parents plan.
- Preventative Care: All new health plans must cover preventive care and certain medical screenings.
- Essential Health Benefits: New health plans must cover services that fall into the 10 categories of
Improving Quality & Lowering Costs
- Strengthens Medicare: The ACA supports existing Medicare benefits and expands preventive and prescription drug benefits.
- Business Tax Credits: Many small businesses will also be able to provide employee health insurance using federal tax credits to reduce premium costs.
- Increased Accountability for Insurance Companies: Insurers must justify any premium increase of 10% or more before the rate takes effect. Rate reviews protect individuals and businesses from unreasonable insurance rate increases.
Apply by Phone:
Shasta County Customer Service Center
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Monday-Friday, 8 am - 8 pm & Saturdays, 8 am to 6 pm
For low or no-cost health coverage visit, www.C4Yourself.com
To enroll in private health insurance plans and apply for tax credits, visit www.coveredca.com