The Job Center is in the CalWORKs office at 1400 California St. in Redding. This resource has helped thousands of CalWORKs clients find jobs.
Furnished with five computer workstations, clients can use the Internet to look for work. They can also access sites to discover information about occupations, wages, interests, skills, educational programs and more. With the WinWay Resume® writing program, clients can create their own resumes and cover letters quickly and professionally. Friendly staff answer questions and assist as needed. A homepage provides easy access to Internet-based resources for job seeking, labor market information, occupational information, education and training, and much more. Other resources available at The Job Center for job seeking include:
- Use of a telephone, copier, printer, fax machine and typewriter.
- Resume paper and envelopes on quality stock.
- Information regarding specific life issues such as housing, transportation, childcare, education/learning, goal setting, legal and health issues, support systems, personal assets and time management.
- Information on an effective job search such as job search tips, interviewing tips, helpful resume tips, application tips, thank you letters and cover letters.
- Job listings posted on the Job Wall, updated daily.
- Job listing packet updated on a weekly basis, with updated packets available by noon each Wednesday.
- Access to the local newspaper, including the Help Wanted ads.
Job Center - Resources
What do you think of our services? Take our Job Center survey!