HHSA Contact Information

2615 Breslauer Way,
Building 5
Redding, CA 96001

Customer Service Center for Food and Financial Help:
General Phone: (530) 229-8400
Toll Free: (800) 479-8009
CA Relay: 711

Email: HHSA



Your privacy rights

Kinship Care

Relatives and non-relative extended family members (NREFM) (example: coach, babysitter, neighbor or friend) are considered first if a child must be placed at the time of removal from parental care and over time until a permanent plan is made for the child. Prospective relatives will need to complete the placement application and background check in order to be considered for placement. In most cases, Shasta County can reimburse the relative or non-relative extended family member for the cost of care (the amount is determined by case.) These people are carefully screened through an extensive home evaluation and site inspection. Each adult residing or working in the home must pass a criminal record check before the child is placed into their home. The home is reassessed on a yearly basis.

If you know of a child in care, and are interested in becoming a Kinship Care Provider, call (530) 225-5650.

Kinship Application Packet

Read more about placing a child in the home of a relative.

Frequently Asked Questions About Kinship Care


All forms must be submitted to qualify for this program. Each form must be filled out by you, the applicant, and returned to the address below.

Mail packet to:
HHSA Children’s Services
PO Box 496005
Redding, CA 96049-9915
Attn: Kinship Unit

For more information or to request a packet by mail, please call 530-225-5650.

Search Shasta County

Service Referral Guide

Food Facility Inspections

Inmate Custody Search

Need Help Fast?

Child Abuse Hotline:

24-hr mental health:
530-225-5252 or 888-385-5201

Suicide help:

Elder Abuse Hotline:

Report Communicable Disease

Newsletter Signup

Sign up for our Email Newsletter. Enter your email address below.