The GIS applications and this GIS webpage are managed by the GIS Advisory Committee which consists of members from various County departments.
Windows Internet Explorer is recommended for viewing maps.
Our Mission is to serve the public, to share information, ideas, strategies, and solutions regarding the management and dissemination of GIS and related technologies in order to provide more efficient and effective service to the public and the employees of Shasta County.
Our Goals are as follows:
- Promote awareness of the benefits of GIS in Shasta County.
- Incorporate GIS into other information technology strategies.
- Provide accurate, high-quality, and up-to-date maps and data.
- Support and oversee the acquisition, standardization, and management of GIS data.
- Improve productivity.
- Eliminate the duplication of efforts.
- Educate employees and the public in the use of GIS applications, datasets, terminology and available resources.
Please contact our GIS Webmaster if you have any questions.
Thank you for visiting our GIS website!