Mt. Shasta Mall, Sears Parking Lot, Redding
Saturday, September 26th, 2015, 10am - 2pm
Call 245-6858 or click here for more information.
Tires can be properly disposed of for a fee at the following locations:
Anderson Landfill, 347-5236
City of Redding Transfer Station, 224-6201
West Central Landfill, 396-2555
For more information Call 225-5789
Or call CalRecycle's Tire Management Program Hotline at 1-866-896-0600, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the link below to search their site for a licensed waste tire hauler.
For additional information call (530) 225-5789
- Use reusable shopping bags. This will reduce the number of plastic bags that get trashed and minimize the amount of petroleum used to make them. If you receive plastic bags, remember to recycle the clean ones at your local grocery store.
- Send your holiday greeting in electronic form. E-cards can be enhanced with sound and animation and they create no physical waste.
- If you use traditional gift wrapping, avoid wrapping gifts in materials that are not recyclable or reusable, such as foil or metallic papers. Always buy recycled-content wrapping paper. If you store doesn't sell recycled-content wrapping paper, ask the manager to order it in the future.
- If you send holiday cards, buy recycled-content cards and envelopes, or make your own cards or gift tags out of last year's cards and the wrapping paper you saved.
- Remove your name from the mailing list of any catalog you no longer wish to receive. Eliminate unwanted credit offers by calling 1-888-5OptOut (1-888-567-8688) or visiting www.optoutprescreen.com
- Shipping a gift? Reuse the foam peanuts from another package, or use unbuttered popcorn for packing. Return unwanted Styrofoam packing PEANUTS to local mailing stores. Please call before delivering.
- Rechargeable batteries and a battery charger are a great way to cut down on the consumption of batteries.
- Recycle your tree and wreath.
Waste Management Customers
Winter_2016 Trash Talk
Curbside service will be one day late for residents with a service day on or after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Anderson & West Central landfills, the City of Redding's transfer station, and Waste Management operated transfer stations will be closed on the holidays mentioned above.
Regular Service Day
Friday, Dec. 25
Friday, Jan. 1
Holiday Service Day
Saturday, Dec. 26
Saturday, Jan. 2
Waste Management Customers in the Cities of Anderson and Shasta Lake
Curbside Customers in the Cities of Anderson and Shasta Lake may cut their trees into sections that will fit into the green waste cart. Full-sized trees are not accepted curbside, and will not be picked up.
Waste Management customers in Unincorporated Shasta County
Curbside customers in the unincorportated county areas may cut their trees into sections, no longer than 3 feet in length, and place the cut sections next to the trash cart on trash collection day. Tree sections will be picked up for 2 weeks after Christmas Day. Full-sized trees are not accepted and will not be picked up.
Before recycling your tree, please remove all tinsel and decorations. Flocked trees cannot be recycled, and are only accepted as trash. Residents may dispose of flocked trees in their curbside trash container by cutting the tree into sections, no longer than 3 feet in length, and placing the sections into the trash cart. Trees may also be taken to a landfill or transfer station for disposal.
Any City or County resident may recycle trees at the following locations:
- Wheelabrator Shasta Energy Company in Anderson: 339-7600 (Call to verify if facility is accepting greenwaste.) Trees must be unflocked and free of all tinsel, decorations, and stands
- City of Redding Transfer Station: 224-6201. Trees are accepted any time during the year for recycling. Non-city residents are charged a fee, depending on size, but trees need to be free of flocking, tinsel, and stands. Flocked trees are only accepted as trash for a fee.
Many people enjoy a deep fried turkey for the holidays, but used cooking oil cannot be disposed of in the trash and should never be poured down the drain. The City of Redding Transfer Station accepts cooking oil and grease during the months of November through mid-January. There is no charge for this service. Once the oil has cooled, put it back in the containers it came in, and bring it to the Transfer Station for recycling from November 17, 2015 through January 16, 2016. Residents may bring their cooking oil in from 9am to 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday. Call the City of Redding at 224-6201 with any questions.
City of Redding Transfer Station
ALKALINE or single-use batteries (AA, AAA, C, etc.) as well as rechargeable batteries can be recycled at the City of Redding Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
RECHARGEABLE batteries can also be recycled at many stores that sell them. Check with the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation to search for rechargeable battery and cell phone recycling sites by zipcode.
Richard W. Simon, AICP, Director
1855 Placer Street, Suite 200
Redding, California 96001
Phone: (530) 225-5789
Fax: (530) 225-5413
The Community Education Section provides a multitude of activities including; waste tire & household hazardous waste collection events, school and community recycling programs, and used motor oil & filter recycling programs. These programs are designed to impart lifestyle changes.
Regional Recycling Backyard Composting Guide
Commercial Organic Waste Recycling Requirements
Click on the links above if you are fed up with all the junk mail you receive at home!
Free Recycling & Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options
Shasta County residents can utilize the City of Redding's Household Hazardous Waste Facility at no charge. Bring your unwanted products such as: latex and oil-based paint, motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze, solvents, cleaners, pesticides, fertilizers, batteries, pool chemicals, Sharps (needles, lancets, syringes), fluorescent light tubes and bulbs, and other products with warning labels such as Caution, Danger, Toxic, Flammable, Keep Out of Reach of Children; computers, TV's, phones, radios, etc. Check this page for future HHW collection events in unincorporated areas.
Call 224-6201 or visit: City of Redding Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Free State-wide Paint Recycling Program
Find a free paint drop-off site near your by vising www.paintcare.org or calling 855-PAINT09