Office Processing Information:
- The office of the County Clerk is an Acceptance Agent for the U.S. Passport Agency.
- Passport applications are processed Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- The process may take 20-30 minutes, possibly longer with multiple applications.
- Passport Fees consist of 2 separate payments for each application. (Please see ~ Current Fees ~)
- Payment to the U.S. Department of State may only be preprinted checks or money orders.
- Payment to this Acceptance Facility, Shasta County Clerk, may be made by cash, preprinted checks or money orders.
- Credit or debit cards are NOT accepted for either payments.
* * *
Apply In Person If:
- You are applying for your first U.S. Passport .
- You are under age 16 .
- Your previous U.S. Passport was: issued when you were under age 16; lost, stolen, or damaged; issued more than 15 years ago.
- Your name has changed since your U.S. Passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.
If ANY of the above apply:
* * *
Apply by Mail if ALL of the following are true:
Your most recent U.S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Was issued within the last 15 years.
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
If ALL of the above apply:
* * *
When are you traveling? Check current application processing times online
Have you already applied for a Passport?
Check U.S. Passport application status online
For more Passport information see www.travel.state.gov