Office Processing Information:
- The office of the Shasta County Clerk is an Acceptance Agency for the U.S. Passport Agency.
- Passport applications are processed Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- The process may take 20-30 minutes, possibly longer with multiple applications.
- Passport Fees consist of 2 separate payments for each application.
- Payment for passport payable to the U.S. Department of State may only be money orders or personal checks with preprinted personal information, temporary checks are not acceptable.
- Payment for Acceptance Facility processing to Shasta County Clerk, may be made by cash, preprinted checks or money orders, or debit or credit card with an additional convenience fee. If Clerk's office provide photocopies, a fee of $0.50 per page will be added to $25.00 processing fee.
* * *
Apply In Person If:
- You are applying for your first U.S. Passport.
- You are under age 16 .
- Your previous U.S. Passport was: issued when you were under age 16; lost, stolen, or damaged; issued more than 15 years ago.
- Your name has changed since your U.S. Passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.
If ANY of the above apply:
* * *
Apply by Mail if ALL of the following are true:
Your most recent U.S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older.
- Was issued within the last 15 years.
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
If ALL of the above apply:
* * *
When are you traveling? Check current processing times
Have you already applied for a Passport? Check Passport status
For more Passport information see www.travel.state.gov